RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2016, 08:46 AM

Jack3M is on a distinguished road
Default Vario versus?????

Okay, let's keep this civil as often this type of thread can get out of hand. Please express your opinions without bashing someone else.

I am very familiar with Vario products in the helicopter line. Great stuff. In some cases the only place something is available. But after many years and learning as much as there was to learn, I saw that yes, Vario is the caviar of the bunch, but at Dom Penignone prices.

For example I could buy the mechanics for a helicopter from Vario...size X and pay about 3-4 times more than a similar set from a Chinese mfg.

Of course the Chinese is not as tough, but if taken care of and not abused, it is durable enough. Crashes are expensive, but again replacement parts were 3 times more expensive. So by purchasing the cheep Chinese stuff, I was able to have more helicopters. If set up properly there is no way I could tell the difference between a Vario and any other if I did not know, they all flew the same.

The slip ring is one of the biggest differences I see,lucky I stumbled over that. I realize we are talking hydraulics and my knowledge is limited at this point, so pumps could be far superior or exactly the same, the data seems impossible to find and compare so one can make an educated judgement.

And, before I close out the thread intro here, another example would be at current prices I could purchase 3 of the Eagle XL's plus have enough $ left to buy 3 pump setups.

So, if I was a millionaire and money was no object, of course the Vario would be my choice. But I am not with unlimited funds, retired, blah, blah, blah. Convince me.