RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Talking IH 9670 Trailer Toter "Paint Done"

Well here is a project I started about 8 months ago after seeing a really nice looking IH 9670 Toter at the flying J so I wanted to build one but since I did not have any picks I did not get too far on the build at the time but a rolling frame and a shorten body. Well after tons of Ball Busting by dear old Dad aka Freddy and seeing Izzy's toter and I also started doing some repair work for a local mobile home company this week and got to look over there 4 Fords really close I started into it again. After changing the length of the frame 3 times in one week and MORE Ball Busting by DAD for picks last night and today I got it right I think.

So here is were I ended up late last night..

So now I think I am finally were I need to be to get the look right so I started on the bed of the Toter..

Next the back wall and the locker under the tire rack.

Next the sides out of .80 and the locker door.

Here is a shot of the C Channel I used to make the side stronger.

Another shot of the the back with the tread plate on the bed and a hunk of brass C Channel.

Other side done.

Now the cab is lowered and I also cut down the stock stack and took a stock tank and removed the top step off the tank and mounted them. And in the bed added the 2 lower supports that make the frame stronger for the pogo stick i am going to try to make work. So here is were I finished tonight..

Now I have to do the tank and the stack for the other side tomorrow but let me know what you think...

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tamiya Cowboy; 10-30-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:24 AM

Hos1880 will become famous soon enoughHos1880 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: IH 9600 Trailer Toter

nice i cant wait to see what colors you pick for it.

Merritt
Old 09-26-2010, 02:38 AM
Super Moderator

RAIDERS is on a distinguished road

wow looking good!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 05:21 AM
Wannabe

Roundabout is on a distinguished road

Seen with european eys, that is a very strange truck. Ive seen some of them on HANKSTRUCKPICTURES and Ime not a big fan. but Ime sure that this build is going to change my way of looking at them..
But just like your other builds Ive seen, very nice job, looking forward to seeing more pictures of this one..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:51 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Looks right on Paul , You should've asked we got a ton of those around here . there's even 2 for dear old dad to build ,1 is a aeromax the 2nd , an old louisville 4x4

IHSteve

Old 09-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

That's really cute! BUT! Maybe should of takin a bit of length out of the sleeper?? Over all looks good there Son.
FGD
(DAD)
Old 09-26-2010, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

I agree with Dad!! Sleeper needs to be shorter if not gone completely. I have a place that sells these within 10 minutes of me. I DID have plans to make one out of a King. Now I don't know???? Will wait to see what yours looks like.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hos1880 View Post
nice i cant wait to see what colors you pick for it.

Merritt
Mert this is that little 2 ton brown one that runs around SuFu every now and then if you see it get a pick if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAIDERS View Post
wow looking good!!!
Thanks raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundabout View Post
Seen with european eys, that is a very strange truck. Ive seen some of them on HANKSTRUCKPICTURES and Ime not a big fan. but Ime sure that this build is going to change my way of looking at them..
But just like your other builds Ive seen, very nice job, looking forward to seeing more pictures of this one..
They are funny looking little trucks but hopefully I can change you mind. Thanks for the comment..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Looks right on Paul , You should've asked we got a ton of those around here . there's even 2 for dear old dad to build ,1 is a aeromax the 2nd , an old Louisville 4x4

IHSteve
Thanks much Steve I am going off memory on this I have seen this truck2 times but always going the other way on the Interstate..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyGearDrive View Post
That's really cute! BUT! Maybe should of takin a bit of length out of the sleeper?? Over all looks good there Son.
FGD
(DAD)
Hey DAD and lynn.. The cab is shortened a 1 3/4 from stock to a single bunk length they are a double bunk out of the kit..And the wheel base is a 115..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
I agree with Dad!! Sleeper needs to be shorter if not gone completely. I have a place that sells these within 10 minutes of me. I DID have plans to make one out of a King. Now I don't know???? Will wait to see what yours looks like.
Lynn the company here they all run sleepers on them as they haul them all over the mid west and the south. They buy used ones from all over and bring them back to the factory and rework them and then ship them to there different stores for sell. The only ones they don't have sleepers are there Ford T600? I think for short runs. I think you should build one but I have never seen a pete all IH and Fords unless they are twin screws then most of them are Freightshackers.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I thought you shortened it I didn't think my eyes where that bad ,I hope

IHSteve

Old 09-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
I thought you shortened it I didn't think my eyes where that bad ,I hope

IHSteve

LOL I thought so too but you know how DAD can get sometimes Steve..

Old 09-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry!! Went back and looked at the cab again. It is shortened! Will try and get to the dealer that is selling the toters and get some pics this weekend. What type of drive train are you going to use in this build??
Old 09-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Lynn running the stock 3 speed with a 65 turn and a 6 tooth pnion in it I just have not got to putting the tranny in yet..

Old 09-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Stopped at the toter dealer. They had 1 IH, 1 Fruitliner, & 2 Sterlings setting on the lot. None of them had sleepers. No COE's either. All of them seemed a lot shorter than what you are building. All of them had about 11.5' wheelbase and only 1 exhaust stack.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
Stopped at the toter dealer. They had 1 IH, 1 Fruitliner, & 2 Sterlings setting on the lot. None of them had sleepers. No COE's either. All of them seemed a lot shorter than what you are building. All of them had about 11.5' wheelbase and only 1 exhaust stack.
11.5 scale out at around 9 3/4 and I am at 8 1/4 so I am alot shorter than them. Also reason for no sleepers on them is they are short run movers and the reason we see so many COE as toters around he is they can have a sleeper and still stay super short in wheel base.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:42 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

You are doing fine Paul. The guy who moved my brothers trailer out so we put in the house had an old JB Hunt cabe over shrtened to a single axle and it still had the full sleaper on it.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 09-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

Well............,I'm so........sorry! Didn't mean to squeeze no grapes. Have seen a few toters in my day,SON! To me it just looks like sleeper is a bit to long yet.Most of the ones I've seen are day cabs.But have seen them with tiny sleepers on the thruways. Now the way I see's it,is you no like'a my drom boxes.I no like'a big sleepers on toters
FGD
Old 09-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

LOL I think I did the squeezeing there Dad never said I did not like your goofy boxes behind the cabs...Looked dang good behind the white night..

Old 09-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Weekend Gear Jammer

Exthood359 is on a distinguished road

I hate to see grown men argue so to settle this in 5 min on the net this is my results.

The very fun thing is they are all 9670 Internationals which is what the globeliner is based on. ENJOY

Old 09-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Weekend Gear Jammer

Exthood359 is on a distinguished road

OK now that we have determined that you know what you are talking about make sure you get two major components on the toter.

The wide rearview mirrors and the 6ft adjustable ball on the back. Remember you are pulling something that is 12 to 16 ft wide.

Great start...........
Old 09-26-2010, 06:55 PM
I'm tryin Boss!

Stylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura about

You could have even went shorter..aint it cute...

One Bus Stop Short Of The Short Bus...