RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 05-14-2014, 10:12 PM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road
Default i need some kind of valve.

ok here thr thing. i got a truck with a crane and a dump bed. i need a way to switch the flow of the pump from the crane to the single action piston on the dump bed. it can be manuel. ant ideas? it needs to go between the pump and the cranes valve body. i got the piston and it a new nice part that why i want to use it.
any help would be great help me out , i kind of need the help
Old 05-14-2014, 10:37 PM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: i need some kind of valve.

Could you just tee off the supply line and then put a on off valve to the dump bed....

Something like this
http://www.google.com/search?q=micro...ml%3B250%3B250

Might be able to be servo controlled?
Old 05-15-2014, 01:57 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Something to think about.....

With a single acting hydraulic cylinder, you'll have to find a way for the oil to flow back to the tank, once you are ready to lower the dump box. If you simply T off the pressure line to send oil to the hoist cylinder, the pump will have to be stopped in order for the box to lower back down. Depending how good your hydraulic pump is, the oil might take a really long time to flow through the lines and back into the tank, when going this route. All pumps have some slippage, which is basically how much oil gets past the gears and doesn't get pushed out the hydraulic lines. The poorer the pump tolerances, the easier the oil will flow through the pump and back into the tank, as gravity is pulling the dump box back down. If the pump is a high quality unit, with good tolerances, the oil might very well get trapped, in which case you'll be stuck with having to run your pump in reverse to draw the oil back out of the cylinder. That may or may not be a good idea, depending how your system is plumbed.

On the cheap, and manually, what you could do is split the hydraulic line that supplies oil to the hoist cylinder, with a T fitting, and have one small needle valve, pinch valve, or ball valve in each line. Open one valve to fill the hoist cylinder and dump the box, then close it and open the other needle valve to release the oil from the cylinder and route it with the other hose back to the tank, bypassing the pump. Basically venting that line back to the tank. Doing it this way, your pump could run continuously, if you wish.

Manual miniature valves could prove expensive and hard to find though. Considering you can purchase a single hydraulic spool valve for about $100, you might want to keep that in mind as you shop for a couple manual valves. Good ones can get expensive.

Something along these lines might be helpful. It's a pneumatic valve, but might very well work okay for hydraulics. Kind of big, so if space is tight, it might not be a good option.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#48965k24/=ryz37b
Old 05-15-2014, 06:09 AM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Something to think about.....

With a single acting hydraulic cylinder, you'll have to find a way for the oil to flow back to the tank, once you are ready to lower the dump box. If you simply T off the pressure line to send oil to the hoist cylinder, the pump will have to be stopped in order for the box to lower back down. Depending how good your hydraulic pump is, the oil might take a really long time to flow through the lines and back into the tank, when going this route. All pumps have some slippage, which is basically how much oil gets past the gears and doesn't get pushed out the hydraulic lines. The poorer the pump tolerances, the easier the oil will flow through the pump and back into the tank, as gravity is pulling the dump box back down. If the pump is a high quality unit, with good tolerances, the oil might very well get trapped, in which case you'll be stuck with having to run your pump in reverse to draw the oil back out of the cylinder. That may or may not be a good idea, depending how your system is plumbed.

On the cheap, and manually, what you could do is split the hydraulic line that supplies oil to the hoist cylinder, with a T fitting, and have one small needle valve, pinch valve, or ball valve in each line. Open one valve to fill the hoist cylinder and dump the box, then close it and open the other needle valve to release the oil from the cylinder and route it with the other hose back to the tank, bypassing the pump. Basically venting that line back to the tank. Doing it this way, your pump could run continuously, if you wish.

Manual miniature valves could prove expensive and hard to find though. Considering you can purchase a single hydraulic spool valve for about $100, you might want to keep that in mind as you shop for a couple manual valves. Good ones can get expensive.

Something along these lines might be helpful. It's a pneumatic valve, but might very well work okay for hydraulics. Kind of big, so if space is tight, it might not be a good option.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#48965k24/=ryz37b

well im using the magom hrc pump, and in my other trucks it will lower the bed with the weight of the bed. so if i run the pump backwards that is bad? they don't have a direction noted on there pump.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:31 AM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

how about flow vavles for a fish tank - used to be able to get nice plated brass ones - they are distribution vavles - one line in and several out.

you will probably need to adapt the lines though.....

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/miracle3/AQA037-0-5.jpg