RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2016, 11:37 AM

Digger_Bear is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Metal Excavator - Magom HRC MG1.4

Hi all, not posted on the forum for ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Where did you get your new slip ring?
Can’t remember. It was from one of the China stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docfcybo View Post
Hello! Great work on your 330D!

I've just bought one from Magom, but need your help about LEDs: what type and power LED have you used? They are very compact, yet pretty shiny!

Greetings from Italy
Fabio
Again I can’t remember. Something like SMD 2.4x2.4mm white.

I got to admit I haven’t had much time to use the excavator over the year (been busy with other projects) but will point out issues I have had.

Not long after completed it the piston for the bucket stopped working, it had blown a seal/gasket. Magom sent replacements and the piston was easy to take apart and repair all in under half an hour. Not certain if the failure was manufacturing issue of my lack of skills as a new operator, running too high pressure digging into very hard ground. It happened, but hasn’t since so I’m not too worried and was a quick repair once I got replacement parts.

The tracks aren’t that great driving over rough terrain, don’t grip in dirt and spinning on spot tends to derail a track. Again this might be me, digging in sticky dirt (most the videos I’ve seen RC excavators are on sand or dry dirt)

The weight of the model seems light as the model tends to move rather than bucket through the dirt (my sticky dirt again). With sand this isn’t a problem.

Overall still happy with it and glad I bought it. Just shame I haven’t had enough time to use it over the summer.